Knowing the types of questions you can expect your doctor to ask at your appointment can help you provide the information he or she needs to give you the best care. These questions might include the following:
- Do you have any sore areas in your mouth?
- Do you have any numbness, burning or tingling anywhere in your mouth?
- Are you having any problems biting or chewing, such as biting your cheek, gagging, or not being able to bite effectively?
- Do your dentures stay snug while in your mouth or do they tend to loosen during wear?
- How are you cleaning your dentures?
- Are you removing your dentures at night? How are you storing them?
- What new symptoms are you experiencing?
Top Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Dentures:
Many people forget to ask important questions at their doctor’s appointments. You may want to print or write these questions down before your appointment so you remember to get the answers you need.
- How should I clean my mouth and practice good oral hygiene?
- How should I clean my dentures?
- Can I sleep in my dentures?
- Should I adjust my dentures or use adhesive to make them fit better?
- How long will my dentures last? Will I ever need to replace them?
- How often do I need follow-up exams?
- Are my new symptoms related to my dentures?
We hope these questions help you make the most out of your next dental appointment!