Do you know how to take care of your smile as you age? If not, you are in the right place! Our body changes continuously as we age from young children to senior adults. As a result, taking care of our oral health correctly as we age could help avoid any oral health disasters.
Our dentists, Dr. Joshua A. Manchester, is happy to help you with your oral health. That is why our team at Northwest Center for Prosthodontics in Olympia, Washington, has shared some facts with you on aging and dental health.
Here are some tips on how to take care of your smile as you age:
– Quit any habits involving tobacco because it dramatically increases your chances of cancer and can cause many other oral health problems.
– Remember to clean your dentures out daily, so the bacteria doesn’t leak into your gums causing gum disease.
– As you age, brushing and flossing may be more problematic with hand coordination, so try an easier tool like an electric toothbrush or water flosser.
– Avoid dry mouth because it can cause bacteria to fester in your mouth, so keep hydrated each day.
– Visit your dentist every six months to avoid any oral health problems that may occur.
– Keep up with your brushing and flossing habits often to keep your smile clean and fresh.
If you need a checkup with a dentist, or if you have questions about your oral health care, please call us today at 360-459-4400 to make an appointment. Our friendly and professional dental team is happy to assist you with your oral health care needs.